Tuesday, December 18, 2012

No Issues, Connected Forever

Contemporary high-speed communication technologies develop "issues." For several days I was unable to forward written thoughts through the usual channels of e-mail and Internet because my combination of computer, modem and other components resisted being cooperative. The technicians I called each asked, "What issues are you experiencing?" I thought that my answer was straightforward enough, "My computer doesn’t work!" After a series of telephone conversations, most of which became a contest between two people racing toward a new high water mark of frustration, I am back in business.

In order to be understood, I had to repeat the last four digits of my "social," the numerical portion of our street address, various serial numbers, the make and model of a modem, a description of my "operating system" (which wasn’t operating), and a short list of things in which I have no interest. My estimate is that I spent at least five hours conversing with various technicians to get one computer to effectively and accurately communicate my message.

In contrast, I was reminded how the truth of the Gospel has been sustained and communicated for more than two millennia without one piece of electrically powered equipment! A few days ago I heard again the history-changing truth of the angelic hosts first delivered on the day of Jesus’ birth. The chorus performing "Messiah" sang with a great excitement and skill:
"Glory to God. Glory to God. Glory to God in the highest!
And on earth peace, goodwill to all men."

Each voice vigorously added volume and vigor as the few words of Eternal truth were repeated again and again. Like rolls of echoing, rumbling thunder, the truth came closer and closer until the message gripped my swelling heart. Tears swelled in my eyes. My spirit connected with the spirit of shepherds I will not meet until we are gathered in holy assembly in heaven.

Common computers break down, messages get bottled up in some nether word of digits and devises I’ll never understand, but the Holy Spirit keeps the Message moving, active, alive, relevant, and applicable forever.
"Glory to God. Glory to God. Glory to God in the highest!
And on earth peace, goodwill to all men."

The Message has been voiced, has vibrated in human hearts and maintains vigorous life-changing vitality for the ages. Hallelujah! God connects with human hearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment