Saturday, May 28, 2011

God's wake-up calls

Waking up in the morning can be so much fun! As the sun was making its last push to break over the horizon, birds of many species and a wide range of tones began a chorus of beautiful song. The sound was glorious! I imagined that the melody was written by God himself and that He was directing a choir of his own creation.

In that moment of wonder, awe and breath-taking beauty, a simple childhood chorus returned, after many years absence, boldly and brilliantly into my spirit. I remember singing the tune in a dank church basement space where children gathered for Sunday School “opening exercises.”

The birdies in the treetops sing their songs,
The angels in the chorus sing along,
The flowers in the garden blend their hue,
So why shouldn't I, why shouldn't you, praise Him too.

Consider, man simply cannot match God when it comes to splendor and majesty when making a wake-up call!

I hope to see you in church tomorrow. Listen for God’s wake-up call. Our voices will be lifted into a wonderful song of awe-filled wonder and praise! I can hardly wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment