Wednesday, October 3, 2012

"Summer Cold: A Different Animal"

Nestles’ Chocolate, Faygo Pop, and Tootsie Rolls are iconic brands for those of us who lived through the 60's. In the 50's and 60's friends and family members drove DeSotos, Plymouths, and Henry J’s. Does anyone remember the Nash Metropolitan?

While Summer is officially ended, one cannot easily be convinced if you are in Southern Delaware today. The humid, heavy, 80+ degree air is smothering. The conditions are compounded because I have a "Summer cold." I rewind memory’s tape to the radio jingles of the 60's. An ad promoting cold and flu remedy, "Contac," said,
"A summer cold
Is a different animal
An ugly animal, too
It hits you in the summer
When you've got lots to do
Sniffles -- sneezes -- stuffy nose
Don't let it
Get you down
GET CONTAC!
Tally ho, Contac..."

I am not appealing for sympathy, but I can attest to the fact, Contac’s jingle looks pretty good to me! I’ll get back on track writing as soon as I get the "different animal" out of the room!

No comments:

Post a Comment