Thursday, April 12, 2012

Responses welcomed!

I received the following in response to yesterday’s “Renewed Cities” item. A few names have been removed, but the rest of the response is intact.

“I am currently teaching the book, Living in the Spirit, by George Wood to my adult Sunday School class. I printed your teaching on dreams to share with the class.

“Several years ago, my daughter-in-law, daughter and I were planning a trip to see my mother-in-law in Graying, (MI) who was very ill. My granddaughter got sick, so we canceled the trip. Friday night, I had a dream that caused me so much concern that I woke up and said, ‘OK, God, I’ll go alone to see my mother-in-law.’

I don’t remember the specifics of the dream at all. Saturday evening, before I left to return home, I led my mother-in-law to the Lord. Monday morning, my sister-in-law called to tell me that my mother-in-law died in her sleep. God intervened. I was able to see my mother-in-law one last time and have assurance that I will see her again.”

Several people have responded to items posted. Like you, I am glad to hear responses. This forum is better as a dialogue. We welcome your observations and will pass as many on as appropriate.

Thinking ahead, tomorrow I will introduce the Sermon on the Mount on Jesus’ Kingdom being advanced by those who practice self-management.

No comments:

Post a Comment